Our signature Bavarian pretzel is great as a snack, on its own, for parties or entertaining. It's even better the traditional European way - make a sandwich! Create your own unique sandwich with salami and mustard or even sauerkraut.
1 Backerhaus Veit Pretzel Twist
4-5 slices of Hungarian salami (or salami of your choice)
1 green leaf lettuce
2 slices of Roma tomatoes / plum tomatoes
Honey mustard to taste
1. Slice the pretzel horizontally being careful not to cut yourself
2. Put the leaf lettuce on the bottom half of the pretzel.
3. Layer the salami on top of the lettuce.
4. Cover sliced meat with thin tomato slices.
5. Apply honey mustard to the top half of the pretzel and put on top of the sandwich.
Sausage on a Pretzel Stick
(makes 1 serving)
1 Backerhaus Veit Pretzel Stick Large
1 Bratwurst (not jumbo thick)
1 ounce sauerkraut
1. Carefully slice the pretzel lengthwise
2. Put the preheated sausage into the pretzel stick
3. Layer the sauerkraut (hot or cold) on the sausage and, voilà!